Monday, December 03, 2007

Rep. Aaron Peña Files for Re-Election



I made it official. Early this morning, I traveled to the Hidalgo County Democratic Party Headquarters where I filed documents with Chairman Juan Maldonado to have my name placed on the ballot for re-election to the Texas House of Representatives. That should end one nasty rumor.

I received several calls of support. The first from State Rep. Allen Vaught, the so-called "Mayor of Fallujah" who wanted to have his name placed on my endorsement list. I ribbed him at his appearance in "D Magazine" and the movie I hear that is being made by Matt Damon about his time in Iraq.

Next, I received word that the political action committee of the Texas Medical Association was extending their endorsement to me. Like Rep. Vaught, I am grateful for the encouragement and support.

I am looking forward to a positive campaign about our successes as a community and the wonderful future in front of us.

No comments: