Monday, May 09, 2005

REP. JUAN M. ESCOBAR

The death of Joe Moreno is very tragic for several reasons. Joe was indeed a friend to all who knew him. He lived life to it's fullest and believed in a fair political process. The first time I met Joe was when I got sworn into office and he came up to me and told me "Juan, my name is Joe Moreno, from Houston, and if I can do anything for you let me know." I could always walk up to him and ask him for advise. At the conclusion of our conversations he would always say "Don't worry about it Bro."

I remember Thursday afternoon, the day before he died. I went into the members lounge and he was sitting with other members eating Kentucky Fried Chicken. He extended his fist and in the usual manner and gave me a fist handshake. He than said "get a plate and eat." I did so and after eating I went up to him and in my usual manner, I hit him on his shoulder and said "See you." That was the last time I saw him.

Joe Moreno served his constituents well ,and not only has his family lost a loved one, but the State of Texas has also lost a great servant of the people.

Juan M. Escobar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog you've got here ##NAME##, I was looking for Psychic Love Reading related information and found your site. I have a Psychic Love Reading site. You can get an honest and informative reading to help you find your soul mate or lost loved one. You can also get info on numerology and astrology. Stop by and check it out when you can :-)

If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.